Thursday, August 11, 2016

Interview with Snowyclaw from Animal Jam Spirit

Hey Jammers! Thatoldbarnxx here! I recently emailed Snowyclaw, a blogger at Animal Jam Spirit, and asked if I could interview her. She answered all of my questions and was very friendly!

Here's our interview.
BLOG RELATED QUESTIONS

Q: When and why did you start your now fabulously famous blog, Animal Jam Spirit?
A: I started AJS in June, 2011 because just a few days prior I had met the alpha Graham, walking around in Jamaa! I had always enjoyed the more lore-focused aspects of Jamaa, so seeing an alpha interacting with jammers inspired me to make the Animal Jam "Spirit".

Q: How did your blog become so popular?

A: To be honest, I'm not really sure! I think it was because I was so persistent – I just kept writing!

Q: What's the easiest way to advertise your blog?
A: Jamaa was small enough back then I could just advertise in Jamaa township! My friends even helped me. ^-^
Q: What is your advice for new bloggers?
A: Write about things you're interested in! Set yourself apart by writing your own way. :)

YOUTUBE RELATED QUESTIONS



Q: How did your channel become famous?
A: I was encouraged to make videos by my blog readers, and have just kept making videos they're interested in!

Q: What program do you use to record your videos? And edit?

A: I use QuickTime to record my videos and Final Cut Pro to edit them.
Q: What program do you use for thumbnails?
A: I use Photoshop to edit my thumbnails (my mom gave me her extra seat).
Q: What advice do you have to new Animal Jam YouTubers?
A: Make videos about what you're interested in around Jamaa – show others why they should be interested too!

ANIMAL JAM RELATED QUESTIONS


Q: When did you join Animal Jam?

A: I started playing in summer 2010.

Q: How often do you play Animal Jam, not while filming?
A: Almost every day during the summer, at least once a week during the school year!
Q: Do you ever have little "meet-ups" with your fans on the game? If so, when's the next one? ^_^
A: I am the creator of the JamCon events – hopefully I will hosting some online versions in the future!
Q: Was there any inspiration for your [snazzy] outfit?
A: Hmm, I like wolves, I like deer, and I loved the selections of pretty brown colors in the palette!
Q: Your dens are usually nature-themed and always A-MAZ-ING! What's your secret?
A: I just keep putting more and more flowers everywhere I can, and I treat it as if it is my own home (always adding a piano, art, etc).
Q: What's your opinion on nonmembers?
A: I think there are a few more features AJHQ should give to nonmembers (gifting, for example), but otherwise there is a decent amount of freedom for an online game. Membership is needed to keep the game running!

OTHER QUESTIONS


Q: How was VidCon & Disneyland?

A: Absolutely WONDERFUL! I had so much fun meeting new jammers and learning about YouTube culture.

Q: You've been hosting a lot of IRL meetups lately! Ever think you'll host one in, say, California? >w<
A: Perhaps in the Los Angeles area... ;D
Q: Last question! What does it take to become your buddy? xP
A: I often buddy jammers, but I don't often buddy them when they ask me to immediately after we meet. I like to get to know people first, I am rather shy, and it's nice to know someone will treat me like a real person instead a collectable object before I buddy them. >.<

Special thanks to Snowyclaw for answering my questions! Check out her blog, Animal Jam Spirit! It is very helpful, active, and always being updated!

Thanks for reading!
xx Barn


No comments:

Post a Comment